Women Economic Power- It's more than a flash in the dark
Older Adults - all around the globe express innovative choices. What might that mean in terms of living arrangements, lifestyle conveniences, and an
over-arching objective of well-being? And, could women, who carry
remarkable "dollars and cents" strength, play a major role in creating a new vision of what it means to be a
mature adult? Read on!
practical art of effective communication
Women have gained remarkable "dollars and cents" strength
The American Association of Fundraising Council Trust for Philanthropy estimates that women’s charitable giving in the multiple billions in the last decade.
Vast BUYING POWER
Combined with that power is the practical art of effective communication. This can influence new product designs. A positive vision of aging may be on the horizon.
...controlling trillions, women drive charitable giving...
Controlling trillions, women drive charitable giving. Put plainly by Sage Companion columnist, Jan Goldfield (Curmudgeon) , "We may be 'Old', but we got money...and we know how to use it!" Trillions?
THE BUYING INFLUENCE AND POWER OF WOMEN
WHAT PERCENTAGE IS IT?
...a look at the statistics...
1. Women control most of the spending in the household - about 80%.
2. Women make 80+ percent of all buying decisions around the world.
3. American women by themselves are, in effect, the largest national” economy on Earth, larger than the entire (!) Japanese economy.
4. Women bring in half or more of the household income in the majority of the United States. Women control 51.3 percent of the private wealth in the United States.
Women Actively Control the Money in a Majority
of Affluent Households
According to The AIO Group, a marketing business headquartered in Charleston, SC,
“ America's most profitable consumer group is women living in households earning $75,000 to $200,000 per year." It seems evident that a "life well-lived" is one in which women control the money in a majority of affluent households, even among a generation of women who left this to their husbands in the past.
Women Economic Power
• 80% of Americans rely on the Internet as their primary source of communication, research, and entertainment.
• 90 % of Buyers use the Internet in their search for a home, and 36 % found the actual home that they purchased online.
• 75+ % of Internet users believe that an organic result [PR] is significantly more relevant than paid advertising which they automatically distrust (pay per click)
• The National Sales Executive Association recently reported the following: 2% of sales are made on the 1st contact - 3% of sales are made on the 2nd contact -5% of sales are made on the 3rd contact -10% of sales are made on the 4th contact
• Women control most of the spending in the household - about 80% and women make eighty (80+ ) % of the buying decisions.
• Women control 51.3 percent of the private wealth in the United States.
Women account for 85% of all consumer purchases
Many women express an active interest in a more positive way of looking at aging- No "age-grading" (ageism) allowed here! This perspective includes respect for personhood- regardless of age or physical ability, lovely alternative living arrangements and lifestyle conveniences and an over-arching a sense of well-being. Influential women carry the voltage to dismiss aging stereotypes and to make positive change happen.
Women Economic Power